Please note: Films can only be registered for the KINO DER KUNST festival 2015 using the form on this website! Every film should be registered only once.
When you have completed the registration form, you will receive a printable document with your registration number, confirming your application to participate in the festival. Please print and sign this document and send it with your preview DVD to the festival (address: KINO DER KUNST, EIKON Sued GmbH, Birkerstr. 22, 80636 Munich, Germany). Please note that we cannot return submitted preview material.
Registration fee: Due to the large number of applications we receive, we see ourselves compelled to charge an administration fee. The fee amounts to 20,00 Euros (25 US Dollars) per application. Payment can be made via a direct transfer from your bank account or via PayPal. The data for the direct transfer and the payment option via PayPal are displayed after the registration form has been filled out. If you would like to sign up for a PayPal account you can do so here: www.paypal.com.
Should you have any technical problems when filling out the form, please send an email to email@example.com or call us: +49 89 130 14 30 0.
Submissions from students are exempt from the fee. For that we require a valid university enrolment certificate.
1. All visual artists are eligible to send in applications. Applications must be made via the internet and are not subject to any restrictions. The submitting fee amounts to 20,00 Euros (25 US Dollars) per application. Submissions from students are exempt from the fee if they can present a valid university enrolment certificate. The call for entries is aimed at international artists' films of any length in single-channel format, produced after January 1, 2013, which have not been shown in Munich yet. You may submit works which deal with fictitious narration. Documentary and non-narrative works will not be accepted.
2. The deadline for sending signed submission forms and preview DVDs to the festival office of KINO DER KUNST is December 15, 2014. Films which contain dialogue in languages other than English must be subtitled into English. A separate form must be submitted for each film. All fields on the form must be filled in and the form must be signed.
3. The sender assumes all liability for costs and risks involved in sending the preview material and the screening prints to the festival. This also applies if the prints are forwarded from other festivals. The sender is responsible for organising delivery of the prints.
4. The screening formats include PRORES 422-HQ File in HD 2.0 Stereo Sound, DCP or 35 mm. If any possible the film should be provided in one of these formats. Other video-formats have to be clarified after the selection and will be converted onto BluRay by the Festival.
5. During the event, film prints will be insured up to the value of the print.
6. Entrants from non-EU countries must write the following customs declaration on all packages "only for cultural purposes, with no commercial value". Items sent from outside the EU must include a pro forma invoice of a maximum of 10 EUR. Costs that arise as a result of declaration errors will be invoiced to the sender.
7. By submitting a film, entrants automatically agree that it may be screened at the festival. Submission also confirms that entrants have the agreement of third parties involved in the production to participate in the festival.
8. Entrants hereby agree to allow excerpts of up to three minutes of the submitted film to be screened on TV or the Internet to report about the festival.
9. If selected, entrants must provide a printable, copyright-free film still and a photograph of the artist with a resolution of at least 300 dpi (format: JPG, TIF or BMG) as well as the correct credits for promotional and press purposes. The participant hereby agrees that the texts and photos provided may be published in the festival catalogue and on the festival website.
10. Entrants will be informed of whether their film has been accepted from January 26, 2015 by e-mail. The titles of all participating films will be published on the festival website and on other pages linked to it.
11. Preview material can only be returned to entrants if they enclose a self-addressed package with sufficient postage; they can also be picked up in person.
12. KINO DER KUNST is a project of EIKON Süd GmbH.
13. By signing below I agree to the conditions of participation.
14. Please send entries to:
EIKON Süd GmbH
KINO DER KUNST